Friday, November 3, 2017

Purple Camera and I attend Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony on Opening of Edgehill Road Bridge

 My great fear: would I be able to find how to get atop the bridge. When I drove past, I saw teeny tiny people up there.
 I clumb up the stairs which were color-coordinated with Abington Township's colors.
 My reporter's instincts were aroused. Important to remember that altho we're focused on the bridge, which we were standing on, be sure to photograph the surroundings.

No man is an island, as John Donne wrote, and we're part of a community.

7,000 commuters, said one of the Suits, travel over this bridge every day. 
Jim Stanton interviewed me and and anudder woman. He works for Rep. Madeleine Dean. We each spoke about the year-long inconvenience in rebuilding the $3.3 million bridge.

 The woman is a jogger and lives down the street. When her husband died, a support group was very helpful to her.
 Sam is a civil engineer and project manager who hails from the Philippines.
 Mr. Red Tie began the ceremony. He was the man in charge of the entire project. Lots of people were hired so it was good for job growth in our area.
 Let's cut the ribbon.

 Each person had his or her own scissors.

They picked up the shears from the ground.

Whatcha gonna do with it? I spose, bring it home and show your family and kids, leave it around for awhile, and then toss it. Or maybe one of the kids will wanna keep it in their top drawer or hang it over their meer.
 Romoving those god-awful signs. For me it meant a detour to Abington Prez, where we hold our New Directions' meetings, and for motoring over to my son's house in Glenside, very fearful of getting lost.
The first car to drive over the bridge was this "Antique" T-bird.
Dig the extra tire on the back.

 "Nof" is his nickname for a long Italian name. They always wore their vests plus hard hats. Jeans and sweatshirt.
Fitzpatrick Funeral Home. I had to remember I'd parked on this street. Jericho was its name.

Homeward bound. Hey, I remembered, I'm going over the Edgehill Road Bridge and snapped a photo with Purple Camera.

If I still worked for Patch, I would've written up the story. In my opinion, they should've been there. Action News was there, Channel Six.

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures,a better word to describe a old car is "a classic".

    ReplyDelete