Sunday, September 17, 2017

A few photos of Scott's refurbished garage - Poem: Getting Ready to Watch Ken Burns' documentary on Vietnam

 Nice thick garage door for the side of the garage. Most people in our neighborhood do not have attached garages. Or garages at all. My laundry room may once have been a garage.
I love the blue insulation on the left. See below.
Dyou know why I sit on Red Couch every morning?

It's the only thing that helps bad back.

I have a CD of it from yesterday but it wouldn't turn on for me.

At the grands' house the other day I tried to teach Max about skyscrapers but got nowhere - those little devil gadgets are more important.

What a very long today was.

Went to the movies at the Upper Moreland Library. Watched a quite good film called Winter in Wartime. View it here.

Image result for winter in wartime  Hu  Hugely popular in Holland. Best pic of the year. 2008.

You know my tiger in the living room?

Well I was making up for my M R I  sleep and I dreamt about the tiger. He was running all over and I remembered I hadn't gotten him water or food.

What a nightmare it was!

Am listening to FAB music on Mountain Stage. Mumble mumble mumble.

I did finally catch the name of keeshi bashi. and his sonderlust album

Look it up yourself, I'm quite busy.

GETTING READY FOR THE VIETNAM DOCUMENTARY TONIGHT

I worked for a bigshot in Houston
Rode to work from my crummy little
apartment on my bike
When I'd walk in the skyscraper
"Alan" would greet me, can't remember
his real name. His shiny shoes would
click on the hardwood floor.

The other guy,"Dick" tried to be a
bigshot but couldn't cut it.

They were putting in the Alaska Pipeline
which was an awfully big job I'd never
heard of.

A huge colored map hung on the wall with
tiny dots on it.

There was literally nothing for me
to do all day. Once the bigshot sent
me shopping for his wife's birthday.

Chanel No. Five, I kid you. Can't you
be more original I thought, giving him
change for five hundred dollars.

Once he asked me what my husband did
for a living. Why, he's a conscientious
objector, I said, looking him in the eye.

We don't believe wars solve anything. Vietnam
did nothing to us. Why should we kill
innocent people?

My husband worked on peaceful projects for the next
two years instead of blowing people up. One of his
finest hours, though, he did reckon with a blown-
up building in Oklahoma City. Was on posse which
helped rebuild the place where 168 were bombed
to smithereens.

I'll think of my ex-hubby, extend my arm out to
the television set as I toast him with a bottle
of orange juice and sparkling water.

***
Got this job thru Kelly Girl Services. I was fired b/c I lost an important paper. I think it slid behind my desk and I simply couldn't find it. After that, I believe I got my great job with racist Herbert G Tigner. He called his 55-yo janitor Boy.

Twill all be in my memoir, written several years after my death.

How would you like a Mallomar  now?


Image result for mallomars

No comments:

Post a Comment